A vampire comes to Bon Temps, Louisiana and falls for Sookie Stackhouse. Meanwhile, her oversexed brother, Jason, gets wrapped up in a murder he didn’t commit. Or at least, he thinks he didn’t commit. Sookie struggles to balance her attraction to Bill the Vampire with her obligations to family and friends. Oh, and she’s telepathic.
Hear us discuss…
- This is a very adult, very HBO take on vampires
- The pacing and opening credits sequence
- Our stereotypical understanding of the Deep South
- Vampires as a metaphor for marginalized people
- How Bill stacks up to other fictional vampire love interests
Murder, racism, sex
💬 SOCIAL MEDIA:
- @prophecygirlspodcast on Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok
- @prophecy_girls on Twitter
✉ Email us at [email protected]
Join us on Discord: https://prophecygirls.ca/discord
We love hearing from our listeners!
Support Prophecy Girls on Buy Me a Coffee!