Renowned historian Anne Rice set out to answer the age-old question: why are vampires such sad bois? Enlisting the help of investigative journalist Christian Slater, Rice chronicles the life of 200-year-old Louis, along with his best friend Lestat and their plucky kid sister Claudia. From New Orleans to Paris, Louis searches for meaning in his immortal unlife. It turns out that the secret was within him all along: immortality is meaningless, especially if you are very bad at killing people.
Hear us discuss…
- The awesome costuming of this period piece (except for Antonio Banderas’ wig)
- Definitely no gay stuff here, nope
- Being immortal sucks!
- As with many ‘90s movies, just a little bit of racism on the side
- How did they get that horse to jump over that fire??
💬 SOCIAL MEDIA:
- @prophecygirlspodcast on Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok
- @prophecy_girls on Twitter
✉ Email us at [email protected]
We love hearing from our listeners!